Quite a number of kidney failure patients on dialysis complain that they have moderate or severe bone hurt or pain after dialysis, but they don’t know the causes and best treatment. Well then, what makes bone hurt after dialysis?
To be frank, if you are suffering from bone pain with dialysis treatment, you are not alone because many other patients are also faced with the problem. After you read the following passage, you will find out the reasons.
1. High phosphorus level in blood
Kidneys normally release extra phosphorus into the urine; however, in ESRD, the kidneys are severely damage and Dialysis removes only a small amount of phosphorus from the blood. When there is too much phosphorus in the blood, calcium is pulled out of the bones, resulting in renal bone disease. Patients will experience symptoms like bone pain, joint pain, bone fractures, bone deformation, etc.
2. Dialysis related amyloidosis
The condition is caused by the accumulation of a protein (amyloid), which is not easily remove by the treatment. It is deposited in joints all over the body, resulting in joint and bone pain.
Well then, how to prevent bone hurt for dialysis patients?
1. Avoid eating foods that high in phosphorus, such as condiment, mushroom, seeds, cheese, fish, cocoa, some meat, wheat, some bean products, etc.
2. Take a phosphate binder. This medicines helps limit how much phosphorus the body absorbs from food.
3. Develop healthy lifestyles, such as doing moderate exercise regularly, avoid tobacco, and drinking alcohol.
4. Receive alternative treatments to dialysis
In our hospital-Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital, there are many natural treatments that can help repair kidney damage and improve renal function. Thus patients can have other options beside dialysis, such as Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy, Blood Pollution Therapy, Medicated Bath, Foot Bath, Immunotherapy and so on.
Do you have other questions? If so, please do feel free to contact our Online Doctor or email to us at email@example.com and we are glad to help you!